Saturday, January 20, 2007

a.w. & comix

I went to a not very inspiring exhibition at the State Library about Australian comics.
Although Australia has a surprisingly substantial history of comics, the standard isn't that high. In my humble...
But that's not why I'm posting this entry.
What was interesting about the exhibition was this front cover for a comic whose name I unfortunately forget as shown on the left here.
The style of the artwork and the look of the guy running away from the truck is just a bit similar to that of a guy I know who does comics of his own. You can click to his blog from the link on the top right of this page. Not only does his work look like this but he looks like and draws himself like that character. A bit.
It's not just my imagination. It's not!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:20 pm, Blogger Anthony Woodward said...

I guess it does look a little like how I draw myself. This guy is called 'Dillion' known for Da n Dill, comics (they came in show bags) and melbourne gig posters. His most recent thing is called 'Batrisha'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home