Wednesday, April 26, 2006

555 shoe

Here's a list my good mate Dave sent me regarding ways to brighten up my working hell, I mean life. Working life:
  • Get a briefcase to carry your shoehorn around in
  • Put a thumbtack in a different shoe each day
  • Always have a banana skin on the floor of the shoe section
  • Make a point of refusing a pair to one customer everyday: "I'm sorry Sir/Madam. Those ones are not for sale."
  • Wear high heels
  • Give one shoe of a pair to one customer and the other matching shoe to another customer and watch them fight to the death for shoe supremacy
  • Speak to the shoes regularly: "Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you."
You could check out Dave's excellent haiku archive blog (linked in the links section to the right hand side of this page) except I got the web address wrong and Dave hasn't corrected me yet...
Anyway, I have sad news. The shoes I strung over the power line in front of my house were taken down somehow three days after I put them up!
I'm really mystified as to how someone got them down. Mystified.
They must have really wanted them.
Either that or gravity did its thing (note in the picture below that the laces haven't looped around the power line...).

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home