Sunday, February 13, 2005

Urbane Warfare

Last night I went to see some local Launnie M.C.'s freestyle it.
They showed each other down.
As their alcohol contents' increased so did their skills strangely enough and it was great seeing some guys with skills having a good time in a creative way.
I don't see enough creativity.
I see plenty of consumption.
And though the frontin' and shuntin' with the lyrical frills to pay the bills ('You're no match for me, see homey!") can be a little lame, there's no denying a real ability and sometimes some really impressive performances.
And some funny ones.
Just a good time out really. And that wasn't going to happen in the nightclubs of Launceston.
Why do I always feel like a social anthropologist?
And it's true, I think, Dave:
'If I have exhausted the justifications I have reached bedrock and my spade is turned. Then I am inclined to say: "This is simply what I do."' L.W.
This covers everything!
Things often still strike me as odd, however. And that's really swell I think. I just don't usually share it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home