Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bareback Mounting

Well, for want of something better to talk about...
I went to see Brokeback Mountain last week.
It is such a fine film.
Ang Lee has such a deft touch, the film was atmospheric thanks to some great visuals and the music and acting and the script were all really sensitive.
It felt real.
A love story that wasn't totally fanciful for once.
I went to some kinda queer-a-thon in the park called Carnival just the other day.
Had to pay $5 for the privilege of people trying to sell me shit I didn't want on the presumed basis of my sexuality ie. 'You're queer: you'll want a home loan!'.
Yes, there was lots of rainbow love.
Why is the discourse around queerness in the hands of middle class wankers?

With the exception of Brokeback Mountain of course.
Compare the reality of the movie with the reality of the so-called real (Carnival).
My next entry won't have anything to do with sexuality.

I stole this off some blog.
It's called 'nothing to say', apparently.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 am, Blogger Andy said...

that oughta be our national flag i reckon.

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Dreck said...

Unicorns shitting rainbows...
Happens everyday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home