Thursday, November 24, 2005

Bird Brain Job Snob

Ripping off someone else I know's blog entry (hi umpa!) but with my own special interest is this:
Brandon Bird dot com.
And here's just one of the many reasons why you should click on the above:














New Bat Order

Of course, there's lots better stuff on his site, like the pretend christmas letters to Christopher Walken done by arts cool students.
Quite funny, yes, yes?
In the meantime, less funny is my sudden casual employment as a waiter at a shitty little ristorante in Melbourne's CBD.
Fuck.
What happens is, my Job Network Provider knows I'm employable and gets me interviews for any old shit job that floats through her door. If I say I don't want the job then I can be breached. Which is double speak for being fucked over by the state and having my
Government benefits suspended. No money, not mo' money.
However, I said I didn't want to work in a call centre where I would be required to try and sell poor people loans and credit cards that they can't afford.
How unethical!
I mean, banks actually trade in debt! They sell debt to each other! Somehow they make money off of it. I'm not sure of the precise details but the bottom line as far as I'm concerned is that the little people get screwed over and left in debt by greedy financial insitutions? So apart from doing the West's 20th Century equivalent of sweatshop work (as if that isn't bad enough) I get to royally screw poor(ish) people over as well.
How about, "Fuck off, you can stick your pseudo fucking job up your arse!"
And this new job I have, I suspect, is a case of conflict of interest. I think my caseworker got her restaurant owner friend some cheap labour and the restaurant owner got her friend the caseworker's job seeker employment quota on track.
So, I'm working as a waiter in a ristorante italiano with a boss who is rather vague.
I have two degrees... One of them honours... Doesn't this count for something?!
When will I find the kind of work that was worth spending $40,000 in qualifications on (I stupidly got four supplement loans whilst I was at Uni [don't get me started on the ethics of the supplement loan!]) ?
Sigh...
Whinge, whinge, whinge...
















Leisure Time with Mr Rollins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home