Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cultural Whinge

Cor blimey!
Have you heard that crappy Coldplay tune, Talk?

Much to my horror, when I first heard it I quickly realised that they'd ripped off Kraftwerk's Computer Love off their 1981 album Computer World, which naturally is a far superior tune.
It has the following lyrics:

Another lonely night, lonely night/
Stare at the TV screen, TV screen/
I don't know what to do, what to do/
I need a rendezvous, rendezvous/
Computer Love (x 4)

I call this number, I call this number/
For a data date, data date/
I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do/
I need a rendezvous, rendezvous/
Computer Love (x 4)


Immortal.
What makes Coldplay think they can just shamelessly rip off the tune - even officially?
I mean, the world's blandest band and they're standing on the shoulders of giants, except for the fact that Coldplay are chronically myopic, tone deaf and sound like shit.
Unlike Kraftwerk. Who who will be remembered long after Coldplay are forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home