Sunday, May 14, 2006

artifact of evil

I found this at work. It was all I could do to touch it, but in the name of providing you with something weird to shudder over I present it to you now.
Can anybody tell me what this broach is, what it represents?
And does it have something to do with the Freemasons?
I presume thats faux amethyst and it seems to be a chicken's claw with a ring around one talon.
And if you look closely you can see the gem is held in place by a deer head with antlers partly encompassing the gem.
Celtic paganism has a god that is represented by a stag, his name is Cernnunos or the Horned One. Cernunnos represents fertility, animals, hunting and nature in general. It's possible that human sacrifices were made to Cernnunos to ensure a bountiful harvest.
But what about the talon? It's significance eludes me. Can't even conjecture around that as I have above.
Anybody got any ideas?
When and why would someone wear a broach consisting
of some bird's talon wearing a ring, encrusted with 'amethyst' and held in place by a deer's head and antlers?
Bizarro.

7 Comments:

At 6:59 pm, Blogger Lumpen said...

It looks like a grey kangaroo paw.

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Granted said...

It's nothing I've ever seen or heard from Freemasonry ritual.

 
At 8:09 pm, Blogger Dreck said...

Rigggghhhhhhh.....t.
So, I've got a real life Freemason who loves his guns just that little bit too much telling me that it's got nothing to do with Freemasons...
I'm not convinced.
My Dad was a Freemason and he doesn't know shit all about the brotherhood.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, it may be just a little too weird for those boys.

 
At 3:18 am, Blogger Andy said...

I recognise it as an instrument used by the friendly workers at my local Centrelink to help instruct me on my non-mutual obligations to the Gub'mint. Or -- possibly -- a tool wielded by the ALP President to keep the odd worker who applies to join the ALP from actually doing so.

Or something.

I can only hope that a one-legged chicken happens to chance upon your blog and claims her foot back. In anticipation, I reckon you should consider asking her for AT LEAST three eggs in exchange... it's got to be worth that much to her...

Surely?

 
At 3:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the magical answer to your question check this out:
http://www.discemori.com

 
At 12:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much would you sell this most wonderous device for?

I would like an answer in British currency if you can.

Or not at all. Your choice.

 
At 1:04 am, Blogger Dreck said...

Yes, it is indeed a device most wonderous.
I would gladly swap it for a rare artifact of similarly uncommon magnificence or equivalent value.
Show me wot you got.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home