Sunday, November 26, 2006

i'm a killer...

My cat was being cute today, spending a lot of time outside, lounging around, sleeping and playing with things in the ways that cats do.
I noticed that he was spending a lot of time staring at a particular spot in the ground near our malfunctioned outdoor dunny and reasoned that there was some kind of little animal he was waiting to catch and sure enough a little later my boyfriend noticed him lying in the grass lazily toying with a little field mouse.
The mouse was, of course, still alive but mortally wounded to the extent that, when picked up by the tail, a trickle of blood sprayed from its mouth.
We decided that it should be put out of its misery, even though neither of us had ever destroyed a mammal before, so I got a plastic bag and a brick...
When it was put in the bag it started squeaking, which was mildly disturbing so I quickly (and obviously too emphatically) smashed the mouse with the brick, completely pulverising it in the process. I used so much force that the mouse was turned into paste, a little bit of the red mush spewing out of the bag onto the concrete.
Gross...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home